I will email out an invitation to each space a week in advance and people can let me know if they would like to join. Then I will email the zoom link to that specific meeting.
Values that underpin the spaces:
- Hearing voices is a common human experience that anyone can have at any point in their lives. Even though we use the term ‘hearing voices’, we acknowledge that the experience is different for each person. It can include other sensory experiences, altered or heightened states of mind and there is no correct way to name the experience.
- There is no correct way to run a Hearing Voices Group. Each group has strengths and limitations and will appeal to different people.
- Everyone has wisdom and expertise about life, about themselves and about navigating difficult things
- There is no one right way to do things. We all understand the world in our own way and what works for one person may not be useful to someone else. So we respect our differences.
- We try our best to share the space so that everyone gets to talk if they want to.
- We are aware that we all have different ways of talking, we all have different backgrounds and we may not have the same relationship with certain words or ways of saying things, so we try and be gentle with each other and how we express ourselves.
- Everyone can choose how much or how little to contribute and participate. Each person is trusted to do what works best for them.
If you have any questions – about the spaces, using zoom or anything else – please get in touch.